Sunday, May 27, 2007

and then there is the cat...


We considered yesterday a good duck day! Fred dropped by and then Ethel left the next and took a leisurely swim in the pool. I watched Ethel from our bay window in the dining room as I didn't want to go outside and bother her. I noticed Paco, our cat that we got from the shelter a couple of years ago on the deck also duck watching.


Paco's interest in Ethel made me a little nervous as he recently killed a dove in our yard and brought it home. I don't let Paco outside but my husband does. This is one of our few disagreements in life. He thinks it is cruel to keep cats inside. Paco was two when we adopted him from the local SPCA. According to his paperwork, he had always been and inside cat. We do have another cat, Cricket that showed up on Halloween and never left. According to our vet, Cricket was about 5 months old when we found her. Somehow, I get my husband to agree that Cricket can't go outside Not sure why.


I completed my morning nest check and Ethel is still sitting on the nest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.