Saturday, May 19, 2007

LUCKY DUCK


Where did the term "lucky duck" originate?? I hadn't thought about until the other day when I was at the beauty salon. Since you feel obligated to chit chat during the entire session, the impending birth of ducklings was a new topic.


Faye, my hairstylists of many years mentioned that it was good luck for a duck to select your farm, yard, etc to hatch their eggs. It hit me, hmmm lucky duck that phrase must of come from somewhere. Well after much research on the internet this morning I couldn't find. I did however, find a cute duck crossing coffee mug that I ordered for my husband' birthday. Now isn't he a lucky duck!


Although I can't find the origin of lucky duck, I know that Faye would never steer me wrong, so I am anticipating a lifetime of good luck.
I check on Ethel this morning and she is happily sitting on her nest!

No comments: